Featured Video

Google

Friday, June 1, 2007

My secret is out! He smacks me.

Recently, a close friend of mine and a blogger 'neophyte' asked me since blogging is so public, was I sure that I wanted the world to know that I was having marital problems? My question to her was, "Who in the world is married and does not have problems?" And isn't that the point? There are lots' of people who are married and having 'problems' but would never admit it. There are many of us, who may think we have problems but in reality a spouse who smacks loudly at the dinner table (okay in some households this could be argued as acceptable behavior) is really insignificant when compared to someone who is in an abusive marriage. So, the content of this blog is not a reflection of 'problems' I may be having (although I think we've got the smacking thing under control) but an opportunity for open, honest dialogue from all who have an interest in the state of "the union" between a man and a woman and particularly black couples. As far as reader comments, I think I have set my page so that your post can remain anonymous so you are free to move about the dialogue...but just in case, send a test comment first before putting your "best-friend and his wife" out on blast!

Signed,
I haven't been smacked in weeks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are special...
however, despite that, i liked what you had to say because it was open, honest, and so no a fairy tale.

signed, the smacker's sister

Unknown said...

You say special, I say crazy. Tomato Tomoto.

Anonymous said...

That was a good one. But what if he is really "smacking" me, as in hitting me with his fists. I've seen and heard all of the "professionals" say leave, but they don't live here.